NADA protocol involves the gentle insertion of up to five fine, single use, steralised, stainless steel disposable needles into specific energetic points in the outer ear.
The five ear points:
(1) Sympathetic – calms the nervous system and helps with overall relaxation.
(2) Shen Men / “Spirit Gate” – reduces anxiety and nervousness.
(3) Kidney Point – for calming fears and healing internal organs.
(4) Liver Point – for detoxification, blood purification, and to quell aggression.
(5) Lung Point – promotes aeration and helps clients let go of grief.
The outer ear acts like a switchboard that sends impulses to the brain, which stimulate the release of endorphins, lowers stress and induces relaxation.
The NADA-system is most suited to group settings. An NADA Practioner will insert up to five needles in each ear for up to 45 minutes while clients sit in a relaxed atmosphere. During this time the client may fall asleep, experience a meditative state or just feel calm and relaxed.
ln the 1970’s the NADA protocol was developed to help addicts with their recovery dealing with trauma, anxiety, depression, irritability and cravings. Since then NADA protocol has been found effective for a wide range of conditions.
The NADA protocol works best when used in combination within a comprehensive treatment programme that offers other therapeutic elements.