Update as of 21st May 2020 : I have been informed by my professional association that the restrictions have been eased so that I can now treat more patients (I was restricted to emergency and urgent cases only before). This isn’t a return to business as normal however.
To make this possible there are measures and policies that I’ve had to put in place to protect you, my staff, myself and the public.
To minimise the risk of coming to the clinic for a face to face treatment I have put into place a lot of changes such as, but not limited to:
- Before your visit I will contact you to assess your needs and determine if you do need to visit the clinic, or if a remote session would suffice. Different guidelines are in place for different groups – for instance those deemed to be extremely vulnerable or those that should be shielding.
- If it is decided that a visit to the clinic is required then I will ask you a series of question to assess if you are suffering from COVID-19 / upper respiratory tract symptoms, or if you have come into contact with anyone that is unwell or has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Your appointment time will be staggered so that you don’t cross paths with other patients at the clinic. I will ask you to arrive on time for your appointment, rather than early, so that you don’t have to sit waiting in the clinic reception. I will also ask you, wherever possible to avoid public transport in your travels to and from the clinic. Please use the provided hand sanitiser on immediately on arrival, and before leaving the clinic.
- Between patients I will have thoroughly cleaned the treatment room as part of infection control measures.
- Soft furnishing have been removed from the treatment room to reduce the infection risk.
- I will wear appropriate PPE.
- I will also ask you to wear a mask (which can be provided if you don’t already have one).
- If you are a new patient it may be the case that we do the initial case history via video call before you come into the clinic for any treatment.
I have acted on relevant guidelines, whilst keeping in mind the crucial directive of protecting the health and safety of my patients and staff. With these measures in place I am confident that I will be able to minimise the risks for you visiting the clinic. I can’t promise to remove 100% of the risk, and as part of the new guidelines I will ask you to sign a consent form saying you understand the risks (which we will discuss) associated with visiting the clinic vs the benefits.
For more information in my COVID policy, please visit here
Philip Waldman, an Osteopath of over 30 years standing is a director of Chelsea Natural Health Clinic. Believing passionately in the potential of Osteopathy to help create health and vitality, he has dedicated many years to helping his patients achieve their goals through support, treatment, exercise and advice. He trained at the British School of Osteopathy, London between 1987-1991 during which he also studied Cranial Osteopathy (also known as Cranio-Sacral Osteopathy), being one of the first ever students to graduate with a pre-graduate training in the technique. Since graduating Philip has spent many years enhancing his skills as a cranial osteopath and is a Fellow of the Sutherland Cranial College (FSCCO).
On graduating he joined a busy practice in Leominster, Herefordshire as an assistant to Simon Liechtenstein and Sally Lonsdale. He spent two years working in their practice, where under their wonderful mentorship he learnt many new approaches and techniques, and further developed his practice of cranial osteopathy.
He subsequently started his own practice in Chelsea, London in 1992 and has remained there since. In attendance 3 days a week, Philip has maintained his interest in a wide variety of techniques. He has also worked extensively with pregnant women to work towards the best possible birth experience. He has extensive knowledge of natural childbirth techniques and optimal foetal positioning methods and was truly blessed when both his daughter and son were delivered at home in a birth pool.
Not confining himself to pregnancy and baby related work he also has a busy general practice, treating all manner of problems. Philip also has a special interest in the treatment of migraines. Not one to stand still intellectually Philip regularly attends courses and seminars such as those run as part of the pathway for the Sutherland Cranial College to further himself as a practitioner and improve his knowledge base.
Philip has appeared on breakfast TV shows to talk about his work as a Cranial Osteopath and has also been published on several occasions. Philip also practices Shadow Yoga and incorporates this into his treatment approach, allowing him added versatility in helping build sustainable change for his clients. More information about Philip can be found on his extensive web site www.osteo.co.uk
He is always available to discuss any issues or answer any questions you may have, so please do feel free to contact him at the clinic, on his mobile which is 07973 286667 or .
£85.00 – 45 minutes
£65.00 – 30 minutes
Double session – £120 – 60 minutes
£85.00 – 45 minutes
£65.00 – 30 minutes
I run a cancellation policy such that any appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice may be subject to a cancellation fee (100% of the treatment fee that would have been due). If I am able to fill the appointment left vacant by the cancellation then I will not charge the fee. If you miss an appointment then a full treatment fee will be charged.
Additionally, in an attempt to help my clinic run on time, should you be late for an appointment you will only receive the time remaining in your allotted time. Should you be more than 15 minutes late you will be deemed to have missed the appointment, you will be asked to re-book and to pay the missed appointment fee. I retain the right to refuse appointments to anyone that is late on a regular basis, and I also retain the right to require payment prior to accepting any appointments. These measures are required to assist in the smooth running of my clinic. I fully understand the frustrations caused if I am running late and I am endeavouring to run on time. Should I be running late then you will obviously be given a full treatment.
New clients appointments are based on a 45 minutes time slot and follow-up appointments are based on a 30 minute slot. Please note that these time slots are guides as sometimes you may require less treatment and that I retain the right to determine how much treatment is required. Please also note that the maximum follow-up appointment time will be 30 minutes and that includes time spent undressing / dressing, exercise instruction, payment and discussion about your case i.e. you will not receive a full 30 minutes of “physical” treatment.
I hope that you understand the need for some clear guidelines. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information or assistance on these matters.